Saturday 29 August 2015

NEW BUILD - V0.102 - Ass and Bubblegum Edition

 AHHHHHHHH holy fuck shits, that was a pain. Sorry for delay, update is here now. Things will get delayed when you accidentally overwrite a whole bunch of new stuff with old stuff and can't find your back ups! Got most stuff all sorted, then ended up complicit in a complicated scenario involving me having custody of a dog (I hate dogs) that I had no real right or desire to have, against the owners wishes! I explain all that not to make excuses for the delay, merely to explain why I am writing a game about surviving on a plague island full of monsters. It would be more peaceful and straight forward than my real life. Okay okay, let us get on, new build available from this link or the side bar, both go to the itch.io page-
Mutant Minx Meltdown: Rise of the MonsterGirls - V0.102 - Ass and Bubblegum Edition
 Note - contains Ass, but no Bubblegum.

 It is entitled so in honour of the sadly deceased "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. I've never been a wrasslin' fan, but They Live is one of my favorite movies, which probably comes as no surprise to you given my love of monsters, B-movies, '80's films and anti-authoritarian sentiments. I guess I should have put some magic sunglasses and hidden messages in this build, oh well, maybe some other day...

 Details of what IS in the build after the jump-cut, to spare those who would like to dive in without knowing. Bare in mind there's a chance some of the new stuff may cause errors, so if you want a bug free experience, you're best off waiting a day or so till they've all been found and fixed. As always, START A NEW GAME, using existing save game files is liable to throw crashes and errors I cannot fix or replicate.

 Let me know if you have trouble downloading, I will set up a backup.

 Enjoy!


Okay, new stuff is -
  • New enemies! Unicorn Girl, Gothy Boxer, Scowling Girl, Eel Girls, Licker Lady. All with defeat scenes, and Eel girls have a bad end too. (see the comments to this post for details of where you can encounter them)
  • Speed now governs your defense in combat. Skill is no longer the one stat to rule them all!
  • New abilities now have to be bought with XP, as well as needing a certain level in the related attribute. You will be given notification when you are able to unlock one, and use another menu to unlock them, available from the training menu.
  • New ability - Observe. You can learn it once you have high enough Int. Lets you get some hints about the enemy in battle, moderately useless right now, will be expanded. Let me know what kind of extra info would be useful.
  • New battle item - numbing cream. Usable in battle, lowers the lust damage you take for one battle only. You can grab it from the pharmacy or the-
  • Wandering Trader! A helpfully young German chap. You can meet him once a day, and he has different stock each day too. You'll bump into him wandering around, let me know if he shows up too often or too little. He was actually in the last release, but I forgot to "activate" him.
  • Selena will find a way to make herself immune to the infection once she has the library book! That's the end of her quest chain for now though.
  • The Valhalla Arcade! A new area off the sea front, for now all you can do is maybe level up a stat by playing games there. Will be expanded and made more useful ie: other stat increases.
  • Ambushes! There's now a small chance you'll be ambushed while wandering around. It *should* be impossible for it to happen twice in a row, let me know if it does.
  • New NPC - Brooke, a young lady with a little extra, might be encountered on rainy days.
  • Nerd Eggs! You should now come to full term and lay your belly full of nerd eggs. Has to be day 6 or so for the nerd to egg you up, and you'll lay about 6 days after you get the eggs all up in you.
  • Supermarket should be all fixed up nice, but no enemies in there yet.
  • A few little bonus xp things as you wander around and explore and all, like one on the seafront where you learn what that distinctive sea-side smell is.
  • Some helpful fellow survivor will write a message on a building to inform you and everyone else if an area is out of food. How kind!
  • You should get indications when you are halfway through your action points, and nearing the end of the days action, as you explore - "The sun is at it's zenith" for when you're half way through, eg. it's midday, etc. 
  • Another way to level up fighting abilities (involves the gothy boxer)
  •  Big slew of minor bug and typo fixes.
  • Maybe something else I forgot to make a note of?
 Huh, I guess that's a load more new stuff than I thought. Hooray!

 Almost all the bossy-redhead-houseguest stuff is not there, as I now have to put it all back in for a second time. Never mind, with such hardships we learn. Will put in some other sort-of-houseguesty stuff at the same time, to make sure it all works later.

 Okay, apologies again for the delay, hope you enjoy the new version, please post bug reports, problems, and comments on what new stuff you like, hate, or want to see next in the comments here or to my email, please! Feedback makes me grow in size and power.

23 comments:

TheDarkMaster said...

Fenoxo lost all of his forum and blog data in a recent fiasco and is starting over from scratch. If you want, you can reshare your game on there to celebrate the new build too.

Anonymous said...

Dunno if it's a bug or the RNG just hates me, but I'm having distinct difficulties surviving to even day 20. Between low money drops, few ways to bring up health aside from the scarce as hell energy drinks and skipping a day, I've lost frequently. I'm getting beaten to a pulp, ambushed and beaten again when the minx gets a first strike. . . and then when my infection gets into danger levels I lack the monetary means to drop it.

Since I've downloaded it I've played the game, and have so far lost twice within an hour play session.

I have noticed the no-food notifications and that does help out on where I need to go to scrounge, and I enjoyed the Goth Boxer encounter. Still slightly confused on the Scowling girl, and I've yet to run into the Eel girls, the licker or the Unicorn. The latter may be due to the fact that I don't stay a virgin after two or three days though. . .

And I second TDM's suggestion to pop a new thread on Fen's forum to celebrate.

-Vasin

SeldomPie said...

Hm, I did change some stuff around to make it more of a challange, I guess I made it *too* difficult! Easy fixed though. It's worth noting that the exact amount of food/cash/etc in each area is randomized some at the start of each game (was in the last build too), so there will be easier games and harder ones.

So what's the thoughts, lower prices or increase scavengeable-supplies? Or add other ways to get food I guess.

I will dig out the info for the locations of the new enemies right now for you. Will make a post on the scarily empty and windswept fen-board soon too, just trying to work out wether I should do it in the showcase or the main other games forum.

SeldomPie said...

Scowling Girl - Butts, Lanc, up to day 25ish

Unicorn - Lanc, day 13 onward, if virgin only

Gothic Boxer - Lanc, Westside, up to day 25ish

Eel Girls - Riverside, Seafront day 17 onward

Aaaand apparently though all the code for the Licker Lady is in there, I neglected to actually set it to make her appear at all. :( For now I guess you can dive into the code files if you want to see her stuff.

BTW, how were you confused by the scowling girl?

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked Fen's yet to see if you already posted, but you have an honest to god playable game that you don't require help to update, I would put it in the showcase.

Really glad to be seeing more MMM, even if the waifu stuff has been delayed.

SeldomPie said...

Can't seem to register on fens new forums - the security question keeps coming up as "incorrect", but I'm sure I've spelt it right and all. Anyone else had issues?

Anonymous said...

One issue I keep hitting against in my games - stat upgrade accessories are too RNG-finicky. And then after ~10 days without a to keep key stats up I get promptly overraped by the improved girls.

A compromise: add a way that doesn't require an item, burning exp (more than usual ?) + some cash maybe, to get stats (less than usual ?). That way, we can offset bad RNG some more, make more games viable.
As it is, I almost feel like I have to savescum each day even with a fine-tuned character. If that's how you want us to play though, I guess I can give it a shot.

Flex said...

Using the test character it wasn't too difficult. But I fear the other characters cannot advance their abilities rapidly enough to keep pace with the monster girls. That's a balancing issue, which can be worked on.

However, trying to turn in tickets at the arcade for an energy drink (228 tickets, no tokens left), crashed the game. It was, I think, on day 24. Erg.

Anonymous said...

Error when 'Scavenging for Supplies' in Lancaster Lane:

http://i.imgur.com/5U9bHS0.png

Anonymous said...

I'd say make Energy Drinks available for scavenging if they aren't already, make them more likely if they are. Drop the infection price down a bit(500 is a LOT if you aren't finding money or defeating minxes often enough. I had enough once, but when I had my infection rise to 72 % on the same day I was screwed. . .). Perhaps return a player to full health if they win a fight. Maybe allow people to up stats and purchase abilities once they have the XP to do so instead of at the end of the day, and maybe make it easier to get XP. I remember from last renditions that you got points for escaping a fight, is that still true in this version?

As for the scowling girl, she shows up out of nowhere to kick my ass and collect my sperm. Does she need it for something? Are there factors that raise and lower the amount I give her, and does that change her reaction to it at all? I mean, you make a point of telling me how full the glass is in the scene, so it seems like it might.

Also, I got a crash when I decided to 'check marks and rashes' I think it was, in the status screen.

-Vasin

SeldomPie said...

Okay, managed to join fenforums and make a thread. ^_^

Other ways of leveling stats - plans for more of those, currently you can level your aiming in the Arcade on the sea-front, and your fighty skill with the Gothic Boxer if you have the payment on you when she defeats you (she accepts cash or food). Incidentally, bonus points and a bro-fist to anyone who knows what the inspiration of the Gothy Boxer is. ^_^

Nope, definitely not meaning to make it a save-scummy game - infect my intent is to set it so you can only save in your base, once everything is more finished. I want the player to have to kind of accept and move on from any mess-ups or defeats, rather than have a quick back out - I guess, what with the way the plant growth and stuff varies each game, I see it as kind of vaguely roguelike.

Made notes of all the bugs - thanks!

Scowling Girl - ah right! That's just a bit of world building, or foreshadowing I guess. The infection is altering the behavior of some of the minxes to make them want/need to consume jizz, as a way to make sure they keep making contact with men and spreading the infection. Different "jizz feeder" minxes then mutate in different ways to compete and improve their abilities - some develop "offensive" body parts like the mushmouths, or some get devious like the Angler Fish Girl, some trap men and milk them. The Scowling Girl is apparently saving and storing her food, rather than being a hit and run predator like the mushmouth or whatever. You could say she's... squirreling it away. (don't get your hopes up, she has no TF yet). It might maybe be a hint that a certain other person you might have met who puts jizz into bottles might not be as uninfected as she seems.
And I've just looked over all of that, and Jesus Christ I have put way too much thought into this stupid crazy shit, haha. XD

So, yeah. Some balance issues to sort out. That's cool.
I actually reduced all the exp rewards from fights in this build, guess I need to increase them again. :P Yep, exp bonus for escaping successfully is still in there. Energy drinks can be scavenged, yep, I'll increase the amounts.

It'd be pretty easy to give the player a choice of difficulty levels, or even more detailed options on the rough amount of food/money etc available in the game, and the amount of attribute points available at set up. Would that be worth putting in, or would most everyone just go for easy, so it'd be better to try to find a good base balance?

Anonymous said...

I'd say if you can work it in, allow a difficulty selection. I can see this as a game where either people want a good, relaxed go through to enjoy scenes and such, or test themselves in skill and asset management as they try to get do day 30. Allowing people who want the challenge to make it harder (and conversely easier for those that just want to enjoy the game) might actually be a good idea.

-Vasin

SeldomPie said...

Yeah, good call. I'm aiming to get a tiny "bug fix" version out tomorrow, I'll see if I can't put a difficulty selector in for then, should be no more than sticking a few more menu's and variable changes in.

Vasin, you just reminded me, appreciate the offer of proof-reading, could you shoot me an email to the adress ont he sidebar? Cheers!

Anyone encountered Brooke yet, or have I forgot to actually "activate" her the same way I did the licker lady?

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to find Brooke.
You said you can find her on rainy days, but the days are always sunny. Even when increasing rainfall with the test character doesn't make it rain.

Anonymous said...

Ok. Even on rainy days, I couldn't find her.
I did find everything else though. Nice update nonetheless.

TheDarkMaster said...

One thing that might help balance as well is to give the player some training items out the gate so that they can still up their stats without necessarily needing to find them in the town. Alternatively you could have one stat (depending on character) that you can always increase, you don't need a training item to do it.

Bearhook said...

Woah! Just saw the post on ulmf, had no idea you were back, pie! Great to see it! :)

Has the blog got RSS disabled? I'd like to make sure I keep up with your progress. :)

SeldomPie said...

Okay, will look into brooke.

Good call, TDM, will set it to give a couple of random traiing items to the player at the start of the game.

Will look into RSS, I don't recall disabling it!

Anonymous said...

I'm having trouble encountering the Unicorn as a virgin test character.
The quiet girl can sting you with her non-existent tail.
It would be awesome if we could name our saves or write notes on them. I use a lot of saves to mark encounters with different girls, and it gets hard to distinguish what save is which based on the image, because lots of girls don't have pictures yet.

SeldomPie said...

Okay, hunting down the bugs now, will upload new version shortly. Not sure what the issue with the unicorn if, far as I can tell, she should trigger fine. Maybe just RNG being a dick?

I agree with you about naming saves, not sure how easy that'd be to do - I will have to check on the renp'y forums.

The Kin said...

I ran into Brooke on my build. Made sure to nope the F outta there the next time and never take anyone for being uninfected again...Never...Again..[shudder]

SeldomPie said...

The Kin - Hm, did she show up twice in one game? That shouldn't happen yet. Also, there were a few little clues to her "secret", do you think they should have been more blatant?

The Kin said...

I save stated, so no, she didn't show up twice. I kinda pulled a cheap one, I know. That being said, I had a feeling I knew what was coming but I went ahead and wanted to see what would happen anyways. Cannot. Unread.. Damn you pie. Daaaaaaaamn youuuuuu...Otherwise, yeah, good job. I'll go searching for the unicorn now.

Post a Comment