Saturday 12 September 2015

NEW BUILD - Version number - 0.1031 - William Topaz McGonagall Edition

 Okay, new build HERE. Preliminary house guest stuff is in! Couple new enemies too, and a new area that I'm moving some of the subareas to. There's sure to be bugs, cause there's some pretty complicated messy stuff I've put in, so wait a day or two for others to find the bugs and me to fix them if you wanna.

 I've also recently released a short game/example thing that demonstrates how to make a simple menu driven rpg like MMM in ren'py. Because of Rules, I can't accept any money for MMM while it's hosted on itch.io, but I can for this, so if you have enjoyed playing MMM, you could download the PiePlate demonstration and throw me a few coins for that if you wanna. It'd be sincerely appreciated! You can find its download page HERE.

 More details about the new build after the jump cut.

EDIT - just uploaded a new version, there was a bug where you'd get a "goodbye" letter from the redhead before you'd even met her.

also, forgot to point out - START A NEW GAME. Using old saves will almost certainly cause mess ups and crashes I can't replicate.



*New area - Mcgonagall Park. You can find it from Riverside, Conflass or the Village Green, and it links those areas together. Goin to move some of the sub areas from around town there, it'll probably be the last area in the town. I moved the lab there already. It also has the search/explore stuff organised really nicely - coding wise, you probably won't notice anything - as opposed to the crazy mess of ways the other areas have it. Probably going to change all the areas to work the same way some time this week.

*new enemies -
    *hungry tentacle - (mcgonagall, butts, lanc, west, river, sea)(once rainfall counter if at least 50)
    *businessman - (village green, conflass)
    *intense blonde - (mcgonagall, butts)

* Bossy Redhead houseguest stuff - the start of it at least - is in! Fight her a few times, and she should show up and tell you she wants to move in. After that, she'll be hanging around in the mornings, and ask you to go fetch her things from time to time.

* A second sort of houseguest is in the game too - lose to the intense blond on day 12 or later to set that sequence of events in motion, it'll take about a week till you meet your new companion, you'll get messages about it every morning.

* The snotty blond girl from conflass gardens can get pregnant now

*Nerd egg laying should work now, but it did for me anyway - let me know if that dosen't work for you please!

*And, well, let me know if anything does not work for you! Enjoy the new build!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started a new game and It says The Bossy Redhead left me. I DID try to load a save of a previous version prior though, if that helps. Also that note appears every day now.

SeldomPie said...

Blarp, I'll look right into that, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Well now that i've played more of it, i can still get her to come over... I guess it's just the note..
...
...
I should really test things before shouting them out.

SeldomPie said...

Okay, new version uploaded, redhead should no longer leave you before you have even met her. SHe's fussy but that is a *little* extreme. Sorry about that, and thanks for the quick report!

Anonymous said...

Day 39 and onward, I encountered the normal Goth (the one who ends up turning into a spider). I forgot where I first encountered her, but I encountered her a second time on day 55 in McGonagall Park. Another again, on day 56.
I haven't managed to get the redhead to be a house guest. I did encounter her about six times. Maybe this is all due to me being a test character?

Starting another game as an athelete.
On day 6, a radio broadcast said that there would be a food drop at Conflass gardens...no food drop took place. Is this to be implemented for the future?

SeldomPie said...

I think the ordinary goth showing up that late is just due to me randomly selecting and sticking in a few random enemies to fill up the new areas "creature list" to test it and not refining it! I'm going to review all the enemy lists sometime soon though.

You know, i put that messgae in meaning to add a food drop ages ago and plain forgot about it. I'll stick it in today. :3

SeldomPie said...

Not sure about the redhead, she *should* have shown up by then at the hotel, unless the RNG *really* hates you. I'll check it out.

Anonymous said...

"You should have laid your nerd eggs by now. ***This is a BUG****. please contact SeldomPie!"
So, uh...yeah. That happened.

Anonymous said...

Couple of bugs to report.

First, training. After Day 20, there were nights when I had enough experience to train. Problem is, when I hit the 'Sure' button it acted like I pressed no. So I was taken to the screen where I ate and was unable to spend points. This happened several times in a row, inhibiting my ability to progress.

Second, encounter. In my last playthrough and this one, I've run into the horde of little women. Problem is, both times acted like this was a second encounter during the first time I run into them.

Third, Houseguest Red. On Day 28, I apparently failed enough for her to get fed up with me. I got the note and everything. Thing is, she still hung around and ate my food after that. I decided to hoof it for the boats, so I don't know how much longer she'd have hung around.

Also, with the new minx's effect on the player, I think we can safely say you're entrenching yourself into B-movie territory. I approve. Will there be any further effect of your new growth? Perhaps short periods of body hijacking?

Also, when can you code in Rasna's encounter scenes after she's been Naga-fied? Also if you can continue to use the Corner store as a source of food after or not.

-Vasin

SeldomPie said...

Anon - Thanks, thought I had that one sorted, gonna do some bug hunting now so I'll put that top of the list.

Vasin - Yikes, lots of stuff to fix. Thanks for the list, your thorough bug reports are really helpfull! Can't sleep, so I'm gonna see if I can't work through your bug list tonight. I thought I already had Rasna's scenes set up, oops! No concrete plans for the "growth" yet, but body hijacking is certainly on the cards. You should be getting random comments and interjections once the growth is active already. Incidentally, Selena should be able to deal with the growth if you don't like it.

SeldomPie said...

Okay, think I squished most of those bugs, will get a build with them fixed out soon, but am still puzzling over the nerd one. Question to anyone who got the "You should have laid your nerd eggs by now. ***This is a BUG****. please contact SeldomPie!" message - do you still lay the eggs? Is it the day right after you get that message?

The Kin said...

Kinda curious, when is the bioluminescent girl going to get a scene? So far it's just been giving the generic "You wake up a few hours later..." after she beats you and gives no infection increase. I have to say, she's probably my favorite out of all of them, so I'm kind of excited to see what happens.

Anonymous said...

For the nerd eggs bug: I got that message twice, I think a couple of nights apart, then finally laid them a couple of nights after that. I'll give it another try and see if I can replicate it.

Anonymous said...

Okay, nerd eggs: Impregnated the nerd on day 12. Got impregnated *by* the nerd on day 15. 1st message on day 16. 2nd message on day 18. 3rd message on day 19, but not at the start of the day. 1st bug message on day 21. 2nd and 3rd bug messages on day 22, but not at the start of the day. Eggs laid overnight between days 22 and 23.

As a side note, when I refused the bossy red-head as a room-mate and won the fight against her, the UI bugged out until after I fought another battle (all I could see on-screen were the menu options)

Anonymous said...

ended up having a bug around day 11 where the status screen didn't go away after clicking out of it, the text still showed up below it but i couldn't select any options(they ended up cut off under the screen)

SeldomPie said...

Okay, fixing some more bugs, will hopefully be able to upload a bug-fix update.

The UI staying up after the readhead combat I can fix pretty easy, no worries there.

The weird status screen one - yarg, that one does not sound good at all. Has anyone else had this one crop up? If so, could you grab be a screen shot? No idea what could be causing that.

Post a Comment