Tuesday 26 May 2015

Slight Delay, Update Soon

 Couple-a problems, update will be here as soon as it can. Something I did managed to break the whole program, and then I fell asleep. Awake now and back on trying to fix things! Sorry for the delays!

 Preview of one of the new bits, a map for the supermarket. There was a couple of bugs in there, and people kept getting lost, so I redesigned it a bit and put a map in there at the entrance, like the one in the library. Hopefully this will help people.
 

 Hm, I just noticed there's no tinned food section in the supermarket. That seems odd. Maybe I'll replace one of the other sections with it. Maybe meld household goods and toiletries and put it there. As it is most of the "useful" aisles are all over one side.

 I'll put a little more information about my plans for the supermarket after the jump break, so interested people can see and those who don't wanna know until it happens can avoid it.

 Thanks for the patience and feedback and alls! Obviously, not all suggestions and stuff will go into the game, but it all helps to inspire and encourage. Thanks guys! 


 Okay! The supermarket will initially be staffed by shopgirls, kind of like the librarians you encounter in the Library. There's also the store manager, who hangs out in the managers office at the back of the store. They're infected, but more rational than some of the minxes.

 Over time, they're going to evolve into a kind of social strain of mutants - like honey bees or wasps or termites, you know the thing. The shopgirls become the workers, the manager the queen. They horde food, and kidnap and imprison men for the manager/queen. Possibly there's a security guard or two who become the equivalent of soldier ants, not sure. Communal insects and animals are pretty amazing - I've been reading about wasps recently, since I got a nest of them in my loft, and it's fascinating, the poor worker wasp has the saddest life imaginable :( - and while I'm not sure it fits *exactly* intot he logic of MMM, I think the fact that all the strains of minxes are mutating into different experimental forms justifies it well enough. WOrk in some fluff about the manager becoming infected first and so the shopgirls are infected by *her* specific strain, and I think we're good.

 The supermarket is gonna be a good place to scavenge food, particularly if you get there early - stuff like the bread goes off after a few days. There's some money to steal and some energy drinks too, and I'll see if I can't work in a few more costumes and maybe a new weapon or something. I've had fun rigging the place so it slowly degrades over time too.

 Anyway, that's the supermarket plans! As ever, if you have any observations or suggestions, or it seems like I've messed anything bad, please let me know!

6 comments:

EniliasNailo said...

"The supermarket is gonna be a good place to scavenge food, particularly if you get there early - stuff like the bread goes off after a few days."

I've been wondering why I never found anything there. Good to know!

Anonymous said...

Could the 'shophive' possibly control captured men via pheromones or brainwashing? You could get your soldier types that way.

SeldomPie said...

Oooh, man, awesome idea. You meet a survivor on the street, and he seems all cool, then few days later you find him all enslaved and stuff. Super creepy. I love you guys, input like this totally shapes the game world. It would not be half as crazy awesome without you.

TheDarkMaster said...

You could also go the route of some wasps that are in the habit of laying eggs inside insects for their children to grow up inside. The queen might either lay her eggs inside workers or captured men.

TheDarkMaster said...

Oh yeah, also as a small suggestion for bad ends, have dungeon related ones be what triggers if you max out infection while inside a dungeon, overriding everything else.

Anonymous said...

^Agree with DarkMaster

I'd generally want to see a monster specific "bad ends" for each individual monster, but if you max out with a voluntary environmental hazard that raises corruption (like the edible corrupted red fruit things in the late game), then the bad end could be specific to the zone that you maxed out in, like the dungeon, sewers, creepy house, library etc...

Post a Comment