Friday 7 December 2012

Graphics are going in

Currently playing around with adding some of Sharona's graphics, right now they appear behind the text layer, which often obscures them so it's not ideal, but they are looking ace and I'm crazy excited. It's starting to feel like a Real Game now. This is just the test stages still, so I'm sure we'll find the best way to display them soon.

You guys will have a version with the first half dozen or so npc graphics to play around with sometime between this afternoon and the end of the weekend, and I'm looking forward to hearing what you think.

 I'm considering adding a couple of spot sound effects, maybe just a scare chord/announcement sound when an enemy appears, I think it'd add some oomph, but I dunno. How'd you guys feel about that?

EDIT - okay, while the battle stats don't mess things up too much, the big blocks of defeat-scene-text look really ugly and hard to read overlaid on the art. I guess I'm going to have to work out at least a quick bodge before sharing this. I'll have a GUI worthy of sharona's arts one day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

not a big fan of fx. its really annoying to have, unless they all sound perfect. if you are going to implement it, please have an option to disable it. i really love ur game man, and im just waiting for more content :D

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I imagine it'd be stock sounds or something. It'd be really cheesy.

Anonymous said...

hi
i also agree with anonym#1, sound it's great but hear the same again and again can be annoying
i'm excited to see the artwork
cheers

Anonymous said...

FX, Pictures, do it all IMO.
Fenoxo always stood back on that kind of stuff because he didnt want to file size to get to big. But that always kind of bugged me. Because if it improves the game the players really wont care how big the file gets.

Post a Comment