Thursday 24 January 2013

"You should see it down there - hundreds of miles of drains.."

I've got a plaaaan!

Okay, ended up spending pretty much the entire day building the sewer maze, took way longer than I expected and it is now three AM. Guess that's a lesson to me. It's pretty much done now though, and adds a substantial chunk to the game, which is nice. The town's really growing.

It was going to be smaller than the library, but it's pretty much comparable in size, I think, and has room for more expansion - eventually, it'll probably be useful as a "rat run" to get around town quicker and (maybe) safer - like the other dungeons time doesn't pass in the sewers as it does in the overworld.

There's absolutely nothing to do down there until I write some goo-girls though, so I haven't uploaded a new version. Tomorrow I will iron any ongoing problems from the last build like the enemies not triggering, get Rasna working (I hope - TheDarkMaster has been kind enough to make me a framework that should make her work right, so she'll be Finally Sorted for Good and All) and add a goo girl or two the the sewers so I can sort out how we'll handle escaping and enemies and all down there. I hope to have a build up for early evening.

Current game stats -

The game contains 716 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 44,147 words,
for an average of 61.7 words per screen.
The game contains 125 menus.


Thanks for all the support, feedback, suggestions etc. You guys rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment