Sunday 27 January 2013

New Build Tommorow, Inventory Issues

Been writing and working on the set ups for the bad ends - I will miss the head explosion :( - and writing a commission for a stretchy-girl. I wanted to get the new build with the endings in out tonight, but I'm too tired - I'm trying to work out the coding and just keep making dumb mistakes and messing it up. Sorry guys, I will have head explosions banished from your lives tomorrow, with any luck.

When testing I've found a weird issue with the inventory screen that seems to occur randomly - it'll suddenly re-appear after you've closed it, with the options menu from the screen you were at before you called it up at the bottom of it. Now, renpy has a roll back feature that means when you spin your mouse wheel, you can "undo" your previous actions. I'll probably take this out when the games finished, but it's useful for testing right now.

The point is though, my mouse has a unusually loose mouse wheel, and I catch it by accident sometimes, so I'm not sure if I'm maybe giving it a slight re-wind and fast-forward that's causing this glitch, or if it has another cause altogether. Has it happened to anyone else?

Also, someone said the sewer wasn't appearing for them, but it seems to work fine for me. Everyone else got it?

 Okay, hopefully new build tomorrow, donation drive still on, will write mutants for money, please help us keep our landlord from hating us, yada-yada.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Windows/Mac/Linux combined version downloaded (Win 7 x64 os):
Sewers appeared fine for me.

Also not against exploding heads per se, just ONLY exploding heads as how it ends. Feel free to make us work for non-exploding head endings.

Anonymous said...

It would be cooler that reaching 100% infection doesn't result in a game over, but simply turns you completely into one of the mutants, with severe side-effects to your behvariour and gameplay, depending on how you mutated (different mutations are based on who you fucked with).

To actually get a bad end, you'd have to reach 100% infection and then consistently lose to an opponent a few times with warning signs to let the player know that if the player keeps this up, he's gonna lose(or win, depending on your perspective).

Anonymous said...

Got the sewers, although I'd like to know if something's normal inside them:
In room C, you don't have the possibility to go through the unmarked tunnel that eventually leads to room VG, it's one-way only.

Also, unless I missed something, there's nothing to do there at the moment, is there ?

Very nice progress overall, thanks for all the goodies. :)

Side note: would be nice if you could choose what to infect Tristan with...

MetalMouth said...

@Anon 3 - Actually, thats the plan. I'm currently writing infection paths for all the girls, so that by the time I'm finished, you'll be able to infect Tristan with whatever strain of Mutant Minx you desire. That said, if anybody has any branch they'd prefer to have done first, I'd be open to requests.

Anon3 said...

*tents fingers* Excellent.

Kyril said...

In regards to the inventory screen, I also get it, and my mouse's mouse wheel is broken (It is both loose and doesn't register). Odds are, it's something else.

Mac OS 10.8.2, with a Naga mouse.

SeldomPie said...

Sorry guys, things happened last night. Will try to get a build up tonight, and should be able to get more work done throughout the week.

Anon3 - yep, that's a mistake in the sewer maze, thanks. I'll get it fixed.

Anonymous said...

my body is ready

looking forward to this next build. Haven't downloaded it in while so I'm excited to see the new content. Especially less head explosions

Anonymous said...

Am I the only person who likes the head explosions?

Anonymous said...

To the previous anon, probably.
Other bad ends just seem way better to me anyway.
Especially for this kind of game.
Next build is gonna be great I bet!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'd think something better for the *bad end* but I can see the exploding head as a placeholder until then.

Is crazy-clowngirl at the Seafront just going to be a merchant or will you be able to love her up at some point? Considering that every other female can sex you up, a bit surprised she isn't, or maybe the character was too unnerved by her licking him?

*Looking forwards to new artwork, thinking the perky redhead, the toothy nerd, and the crazy secratary should be next* (I don't have the most recent, were they included in the latest version?)

SeldomPie said...

Sorry guys, been ill, going to try to get an update sorted for you soon.

Clowngirl will be expanded at some point, yeah

The Dark Master said...

I think I missed this toothy nerd. Where is she located?

Unknown said...

Say can we get an RSS feed set up for this site?

Anonymous said...

i am wondering if you got the book for selena and get to fight the head librarian, if she is reëncouterable

fapfapfap said...

Oh yeah, I loved the head librarian. Would be nice if she grabbed that book from your hands when you lose the fight so you can see her again.
Or even if you do win, have her office hidden somewhere in there with a handful of book-pull triggers.

Very nice layout, btw.

Anonymous said...

@ Dark Master

I THINK the toothy nerd is the unmutated version of the snapjacks, and if that's the case, she can be found in Lancaster Lane (am I right, SeldomPie?)

The Dark Master said...

I've gone through the enemy list in the files now, so I know that there isn't a "toothy nerd" in the game. Someone was mixing up other characters.

Anonymous said...

there is but the enemy list needs some updating

Post a Comment