Thursday 15 November 2012

Bugs, Placeholders and Arts

Been busy this week, but managing to find a little time to work on this. Answers to things that have been asked a lot -

* Yep, for some reason, the farmgirl scene is NOT triggering when it should. It was before I uploaded version 0.061, and I can't think of what I changed that could have effected it, so I'm trying to puzzle it out.

* Dowdy nerd upgrading to swollen nerd isn't happening either.

* Currently there is no way to get Selena's books form the library - sorry, should have mentioned this. That quests a work in progress/placeholder.

* The spooky house/shop is too.

Working on the farmgirl bug now, not  sure if I should upload new version when I get that fixed, or wait till Sunday and upload a version with extra content. With the nature of the game, having to download the whole thing and losing your saves each time, it seems like it'd be pretty annoying to have a new version that dosen't offer you a fistfull of new stuff.

Thanks for all the bug reports and typo spotting, please send any more to my email address ont he side bar there.

 A few people asked if it'd be possible to add graphics - it totally is. Renpy, the tool the games made with, is designed as a visual novel engine, so it'd be a peice of pie to stick graphics in. I'm not an artist though, so I guess we'll have to wait untill the projects big enough to attract some of those guys before that becomes a possibility.

 Thanks for all the support guys.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the engine supports external save files then you might want to go that route.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how Rempy works but I have a wild theory regarding farmgirls - maybe scene was associated with particular 'phase' of farm girls and with progression of days, as farm girls change becoming bigger, it becomes unavailable.

Anonymous said...

@1st commenter
renpy save are always stored with the game or in Application Data\RenPy

Danund81 said...

art huh?....hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

When I start the game my screen is black.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the horde of small women is not working either... Could not get them to appear no matter how long I tried.

Anonymous said...

>losing your saves each time

Meh. The game is short right now, so saves are not a problem.

Also, maybe it was already mentioned, but I think that in-game clock are slitly broken: it looks like fights waste as much time as several searches, and it should be other way around.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop a line giving you support for this game, SeldomPie. Found this a couple days ago through the CoC blog, and I think this game is really cool, kinda different than the usual TF games. Keep up the great work (please)!

Anonymous said...

Still getting errors with 7-zip when i try to run the exe.

ZeroEXE.ZX17 said...

i need some help, it won't let me download it (the site won't let me) can anyone help a dood out?

Emerald DragonLore said...

For those having trouble downloading and/or unpaking, I've repacked v0.061 with WinRar and shared it on my eMule. Link following, just highlight and copy. (may need to paste in your eMule program depending on settings)

ed2k://|file|MMMRMG-0061-win32.rar|8725894|BFB910296BE99546D00D336C0C04865C|h=UW7NS246U2EZCJEFKDKEKWU2INGHJWHD|/

ZeroEXE.ZX17 said...

well lol i tried earlier today (like a hour before you posted that emerald) and it got though XD but i did find a glitch with the plump blonde girl, i lost to her and then after the losing message it gave me the losing message for the slime (or goo) girl

Emerald DragonLore said...

Yes I noticed that glitch in v0.06 build, and reported it in the comments of the "Hello Fenoxoites, and 7zip problems" blog post.

Emerald DragonLore said...

Just fixed this glitch in mine. Open "defeats.rpy" in Notepad++ and go down to line 860 and add a line with "return" command. Ensure you aline it with the spacebar as Notepad++ will automatically space it with a tab which the game doesn't like.

Anonymous said...

I've run into an odd error, maybe others can vouch for this too.

There have been times I would search for supplies...and nothing happens, not at all. I've run into it on Westside Estate, like there's supposed to be an encounter that hasn't been implemented yet, or something...just find it odd that when I search for supplies and get nothing at all, not even a response at to what happened.

Unknown said...

I Have those Rasna Updates Ready, just to need someone *cough*Seldompie*cough* to reply to my emails, I've sent 4 already...i have a few questions to ask as well...

SO PLEASE REPLY

Post a Comment