Sunday 11 November 2012

V0.0061. Also, Mac and Linux versions.

Okay, new version. The main addition to this one is a scene involving the farmgirls, written by TheDarkMaster,  which will trigger after you lose to them three times in a row. More details under the cut.

 Other than that, just a few bug fixes and similar. Getting trapped in the spooky house shouldn't happen any more now. Didn't sleep last night and have been feeling pretty ragged. I got the enemy list done though, and spent most of the day trying to work out what is causing the unzipping issues so many people are having, so I don't feel too bad.

 Other big news is there's now linux and mac versions to download, so if that's your platform of choice and it was stopping you playing, there you go.

 I've had more traffic here today than I think I've had ever, it's been kinda overwhelming. Thanks for all the suggestions and feedback. Blogger doesn't seem to let me respond to comments directly, just dropping them to the bottom of the list, which makes responding to people kinda messy. I'll make a post tomorrow and try to cover most of the points people have raised. You've also let me know about about a thousand bugs and typos, so I'll get to work on them too.




Okay, the new scene. You might have noticed that there's a few opponents who will leave "marks" on the player character after you've lost a combat or surrendered to them. These are going to be what determines which mutant you end up with should your infection level reach 100. This dosen't happen yet, but the framework is slowly coming together. I just figured you might be interested to know.

Okay. Now I must sleep. It's been a crazy day, hope you all have enjoyed the game, were you able to unzip it. :P


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, new news about being somewhat overwhelmed just after I've sent my longish email. I again apologize for it.

Good to know the game is progressing though for some reason there's a strange thing on the blog itself - every subpage (downloads, enemy list) requires confirmation of age for some reason.

Anyway, have a good night.

Anonymous said...

I too noticed the age confirmation on every page, quite annoying! Anyway, Linux build FTW! I needed to install python-pygame and python-renpy to get the game to work (Debian 7 "Wheezy" 64-bit) I also needed to run 'python MMMRMG0061.py' rather than use the shell script file. You have 32bit libs included in the package, but for us 64 bit only people that just means more downloading for nothing. I suppose you could just package the game files only and tell the linux users to grab python, python-pygame, and python-renpy packages separately (its just 4 more megs and the package manager will auto update them) If you have any questions about linux testing/packaging feel free to send an email [x0thatguy0x{at}gmail{dot}com] Thanks!

Chattern said...

Can someone please tell me in which form / how should people submit bug reports? I've seen quite a bunch of them but don't know where to write about them.

Unknown said...

Hey, me again!

First, let me say thanks for repackaging with 7zip. I extracted it this time with no problems. Haven't ran it yet, but that can wait.

I noticed from comments on your last post that people were still having issues. I figured I could resolve most of them.

When I first tried extracting your file, and got "unrecognized compression", I decided to update 7zip. Hadn't updated it in a few months, and was using 4.6, so I figured maybe they were on 5.1 or something. Much to my surprise, they were on version 9.2!!! So for those having issues, uninstall 7zip, and download the latest version for your OS. You will be fine.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

cant get 7zip to work. want a 4th dl link for how u had it befor u repackaged it plz

Anonymous said...

Chattern, most people do it by email I'd believe. Although wait with reporting yours, apparently since yesterday or so seldompie got buried from messages and reports from people coming here thanks to Fenoxo's link.

Also, seldompie - wouldn't it be better to just pack the game as self-unpacking archive if you have issues with just zip/raring it?

Chattern said...

OK, thank you for answer. Won't send anything untill I'll see a request for bug reports. ;)

Anonymous said...

When r u gonna add the sex scene for Rasna?

Anonymous said...

Fantastic work and surprisingly not a mass of insert scene here like most alphas.

Otengoc said...

Selena in the pharmacy asks me to go to the library, but I can't seem to find it. Am I missing something?

Anonymous said...

The spooky house still traps me, although if I can escape enough to end the day it lets me go.

Anonymous said...

Otengoc, there is library already implemented (although only beginning-of-the-skeleton-of-basics). Explore area in the garden. After enough attempts and with some luck you'll be able to find entrances to locations of school and library.

The spooky house is as undeveloped yet. Basically upon entering you will face constant stream of dolls to fight.. and that's about it. Keep defeating them till the end of the day, lose, escape - that's about all.

Anonymous said...

Don't see anything trigger with the farmgirls and losing over three times.

But anyway, just want to say two thumbs up to what looks like a great start to a game. I really like the basic engine and concept. Looking forward to it being fleshed out with the stuff planned and more variations in the post combat. Might need (like CoC) writers to add in various different fetish threads as I think you mentioned in the FAQ. As it's always F dom variety will be harder to come by.

Cheers and good luck with the game!.

Anonymous said...

Spooky house is still bugged.

*Intelligence, intelligent

I suggest having day of time on a separate line, makes it easier to see.

Anonymous said...

I ran into an odd bug...

I had just found Riverside Estate, very first time, get it told me *there's nothing here, maybe because you've already found everything*. (or something to that effect) It was fairly late in the game that I found it, but still...shouldn't there be something to find if the player has just found it?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything special for losing often to the farmgirls either.

Anonymous said...

Same with the farm house. Started a new game as Theology student, found the Farm first go, then basically serched till I lost three times the next two times are the same thing.

Enjoying what you have done so far. I found you via the flexible survival links page.

Can't wait to see what you add with the farm.

Post a Comment