Sunday 4 November 2012

V0.06 - Growing Like Topsy

Okay, here we go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?phtdy5s5vgpym2j

Not as big an update as I'd wanted, but I'm going to go right on working and there might even be another later tonight. I think I'm slowly getting my drive back.

This one has a load of bug fixes, a couple of new enemies, and a big new feature. I'll discuss it after the cut so as not to spoil if you'd rather find it yourself.


 Mutant plants will now begin to grow after sufficient rain fall, and once they are big enough, they will grow fruits you can eat. So far, they have just minor effects, but they can be expanded, and will probably have some minor TF stuff later. So far, they only grow in the Butts estate, Lancaster lane and Conflass gardens.

 As I said, they depend on the rain fall to grow, so depending on how much rain you get in your game, they will pop up a little sooner or later. Could you let me know here how long it is before they reach full growth and start producing fruit? It'll probably take a little tweaking to get them balanced. Oh, you find the fruits by Scavenging.

 Okay, I'm going to write up that list of enemies I've been promising for so long,t hen get back to the game. I have a few enemies with their stats all written up to add, just lacking sex scenes.

 Apologies again for the delay, and thanks for sticking around.

EDIT - while playtesting, I got my maximum lust score decreased - there shouldn't be anything in the game that does that, and I can't figure out what caused it. Could you keep an eye out for that happening, and let me know when and if it does?

17 comments:

The Dark Master said...

Alright, lets see if I've still got some energy left to take a look at this.

When you get the chance, I suggest you change the timezone setting on this blog to whatever your timezone is. Right now it is UTC-8, or North American West Coast.

The Dark Master said...

Right away, I see that you didn't credit me for the farm girl marking scene. Does this mean that you forgot, it isn't in the game yet, or was it rejected for some reason?

SeldomPie said...

I will have a look see about the clock, cheers. I was getting fruiting plants about 14 days in, just as a rough guide.

SeldomPie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SeldomPie said...

I forgot to put your farm scene in! Sorry. :( It is ace, I will put it in right now.

The Dark Master said...

Does that mean you'll be posting another version right away?

Side note, if you haven't already, I suggest that you jump start the plant growth if you opt to start on a later day as the test character.

The Dark Master said...

I'm going to move this discussion over to Fen's forum now, since it is easier to post there.

exxcl said...

What unzipping software should i use for this 7zip is unsupported.

Anonymous said...

Winrar worked fine for me.

Anonymous said...

I started finding fruit around day 30 or so. A bit too late to enjoy it. Mind mentioning who the new enemies are? Maybe some actual patch notes, just to keep track of features.

Anonymous said...

I actually started finding fruit within the first week, I was rather surprised. Think it showed up on my second scavenging attempt in Lancaster; but I also started with hurricane style weather going, so maybe it was because of that.

Anonymous said...

Day 16 roughly for me, but it was heavily raining most of the days to reach that point. Lightened up for a few days, but ive noted that skill is really the one stat to rule them all. Once it gets between 16-19, it lets you avoid anything you want for victory.

Esther Phegon said...

Mutant fruits should find fertile soil in the farm area too. If they don't, perhaps there should be a scene which establishes that they aren't growing there because the farmgirls are very stubbornly driving them out and keeping the normal crops growing.

Even better, perhaps in exceptionally rainy games it should be possible for players who've already seen the above scene to see another one in which a farmgirl gets overwhelmed by a very determined mutant plant... and after that scene, mutant fruits should be available in the farms.

If mutant fruits are found by scavenging, they should probably either be usable as emergency food, or else only be found when the player has several days of food stocked up. Nobody wants to spend their entire last day's worth of food bringing home an armload of triangular cucumbers.

Anonymous said...

Did another play through, didn't encounter the plants for the full 40 days. It was sunny every single day. Might have been a bug that kept it as one weather type?

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say, interesting game. Keep at it and don't let anyone push you to fast, code and update at your own speed and don't let people push you into hurrying. Also be careful, if you start donations or let anyone have creative influence on your game don't forget disclaimers. Such as, you legally wave all rights to content donated or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Once you've gotten the core of the game worked out, all the bugs, tweaks, ect. you might want to put a little more detail into defeat scenes and endings. Instead of always dying you could have forced tf endings, like becoming a monster yourself or genderswitched. Then again the death endings could be varied too. The more options you add into a game for the player the more interesting it can be, I look forward to the TF changes and any new content. Can simple written content be donated towards this game as well? If so do you have an email setup for such things?

Anonymous said...

Hi, just downloaded this for the first time a short while ago, and jzip can't open it. What can I use to open it?

IamDemonWolf

Post a Comment